Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birds Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Pie In the Sky by Lois Ehlert
  • Activity – Little Bird (action rhyme I picked up in the book Toddle On Over by Robin Works Davis, but I have since seen in other sources)
I saw a little bird go hop, hop, hop.
(jump up and down)
I told the little bird to stop, stop, stop.
(hold up hand, palm out)
I went to the window to say "How do you do?"
(bow)
He wagged his little tail and away he flew.
(wiggle but, and then flap arms in flying motion)
  • Flannelboard - Bluebird, Bluebird Through My Window (song)
  • Book #2 – Birds by Kevin Henkes, illustrated by Laura Dronzek
  • Activity – Two Little Blackbirds Sitting On a Fence
  • Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
  • Craft – Triangle bird body with tissue paper wings through a slit in the body, with circle head, a little triangle beak, and color markers to decorate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment