Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Firetruck Storytime

Storytime for 1 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink (from Car Songs: Songs to Sing Anywhere by Dennis Buck at Kimbo), Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Fire Fighter Piggywiggy by Christyan and Diane Fox
  • Stand-up Activity - I'm a Little Firefighter (action song to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" written by Carol Hopkins)
I'm a little firefighter off I go
Here is my helmet
Here is my truck
When my clothes catch on fire I know what to do
I stop, drop, and roll to put the fire out
  • Bridge - Open Shut Them (fingerplay)
Open, shut them
(open and close hands)
Open, shut them
Give a little clap (clap)
Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Put them in your lap
(put hands in lap)

Creep them, creep them
Under your chin
(creep fingers up chest)
Open your mouth, but don't put them in
(do as words say)

Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Give a little clap
Open shut them
Open shut them
Put them in your lap
  • Flannelboard/Math Activity - Five Firefighters (counting down song to the tune of "Five Little Ducks" found in Mailbox Preschool magazine Oct/Nov 2007, page 40)
  • Sit-down Activity - Drive the Firetruck (action song from Songs for Wiggleworms by Old Town School of Folk Music)
  • Book #2 - Maisy's Fire Engine by Lucy Cousins (board book)
  • Activity – Wheels on the Fire Truck (action song to the tune of "Wheels on the Bus" found in Mailbox Preschool magazine Oct/Nov 2006, page 34)
  • Closing - Eggshakers to the song "I Know a Chicken" from Whaddaya Think of That? by Laurie Berkner
  • Craft – Color a paper fire fighter hat

No comments:

Post a Comment