- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – The Ants Go Marching edited by Ann Owen, illustrated by Sandra D'Antonio
- Activity – Hickory Dickory Dock (fingerplay)
The mouse ran up the clock.
(run fingers up arm to high overhead)
The clock struck one.
The mouse ran down.
(run fingers down arm and down body)
Hickory dickory dock.
...the clock struck two, the mouse said boo!
...the clock struck three, the mouse said whee!
...the clock struck four, there is no more.
- Book #2 – Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
- Activity – Two Little Hands (action rhyme)
Two little feet go tap, tap, tap.
Two little fists go thump, thump, thump.
Two little legs go jump, jump, jump.
One little body turns around.
And everyone sits quietly down.
- Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
- Craft – Make a count to 5 book with stapled pieces of paper