- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Sail Away by Florence McNeil and David McPhail
- Activity – How Will Pirates Get From Here to There? (action rhyme I learned from someone at the King County Library System)
- Flannelboard/Math Activity - Five Little Pirate Boats (counting rhyme I adapted from a similar one that I found)
One tipped over, it was green.
Four little pirate boats, with all sails spread.
On sailed into a storm, it was red.
Three little pirate boats, what a dreadful sight!
One bumped into a shark, it was gray and white.
Two little pirate boats, coming close for a view.
One smashed into the rocks, it was blue.
One little pirate boat, now a lonely fellow.
He went looking for treasure, he was yellow.
- Book #2 - Pirate Piggywiggy by Christyan and Diane Fox
- Activity - A Captain and Her Men (a counting fingerplay I learned from someone at King County Library System)
- Closing - Rhythm sticks to the song Goin' On a Bear Hunt (found in Kids In Action by Greg and Steve)
- Craft - Glue tissue paper squares to paper towel tubes to make a special pirate spyglass