- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Fish, Fish, Fish by Georgie Adams, pictures by Brigitte Willgoss
- Activity – I'm a Little Fishy (action song to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
I'm a little fishy, I can swim.
Here is my tail and here is my fin.
When I want to have fun with my friends.
I wiggle my tail and dive right in.
- Flannelboard/Math Activity - Shapes on fish: Hand out cut out fish with different shapes on them (a triangle, square, or circle). On the board talk about the different attributes of each shape. Then call out each shape and have the children bring their fish back to the basket.
- Book #2 - Baby Beluga illustrated by Ashley Wolff (from the Raffi Songs to Read series, play the song from the Raffi on Broadway cd while you read the book)
- Activity - Once I Caught a Fish Alive (counting fingerplay)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Ow! I let it go again.
Why did I let him go?
Because he bit my finger so.
Which finger did he bite?
The little one on the right.
- Closing - Rhythm sticks to the song Goin' On a Bear Hunt (found on Kids In Action by Greg and Steve)
- Craft –Decorate a sea star picture with foil star stickers and color marker pens