- Opening - Look Up, Look Down (sign language song from Pick Me Up!: Fun Songs for Learning Signs)
- Book #1 - Critter Sitter by Chuck Richards
- Book #2 - Pigeon Wants a Puppy! by Mo Willems (alternate book: Dog by Matthew Van Fleet, photography by Brian Stanton)
- Stand up activity - Some Dogs... (action rhyme adapted by Carol Hopkins)
Some dogs bark
Some dogs jump
Some dogs growl
Some dogs roll in the grass
Some dogs yip
Some dogs sniff
Some dogs howl
And some dogs just wag their tails all day.
- Flannelboard - Perfect Pet (song by Gail Benton and Trisha Waichulaitis)
- Book #3 - Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward, illustrated by Tomie DePaola (alternative book: Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes)
- Activity - My Little Kitty (action rhyme)
First she stretches from here to there.
(hold hands as paws straight up in the air then bend over)
Then she jumps with her tail in the air.
Gently she lands on my lap.
And settles down for a nice long nap.
(place hands together by cheek, resting head)
- Closing - Scarves with the song "My Dog Rags" from Sing Along With Bob #1 by Bob McGrath)
- Family Math Activity - Make a pet playground with building blocks