Saturday, August 1, 2009

Berry Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Jamberry by Bruce Degen (Big Book)
  • Activity – Like An Animal (action rhyme I found somewhere)
Can you fly like an owl?
Can you jump like a frog?
Can you walk like a duck?
Can you strr-eetch like a cat?
Can you bark like a dog?
Can you sit like a kid at storytime?
  • Flannelboard – Count the berry circles on top of a canoe (like the canoe in Jamberry)
  • Book #2 – Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
  • Activity – Ladybug (adaptation to a fingerplay I found in a book about baby lapsit storytimes, sorry I don't remember which book)
Ladybug, ladybug fly out of the farm
and land right on my little arm.
Ladybug, ladybug fly out fo the tree
and land right on my little knee.
Ladybug, ladybug fly out of the rose
and land right on my little nose.
Ladybug, ladybug fly out of the chair
and land right on my own sweet hair.
Ladybug, ladybug fly all around,
and quietly fly down to the ground.
  • Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
  • Craft – Glue foam cirlce "berries" onto a canoe drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment