- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Pie In the Sky by Lois Ehlert
- Activity – Little Bird (action rhyme I picked up in the book Toddle On Over by Robin Works Davis, but I have since seen in other sources)
(jump up and down)
I told the little bird to stop, stop, stop.
(hold up hand, palm out)
I went to the window to say "How do you do?"
He wagged his little tail and away he flew.
(wiggle but, and then flap arms in flying motion)
- Flannelboard - Bluebird, Bluebird Through My Window (song)
- Book #2 – Birds by Kevin Henkes, illustrated by Laura Dronzek
- Activity – Two Little Blackbirds Sitting On a Fence
- Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
- Craft – Triangle bird body with tissue paper wings through a slit in the body, with circle head, a little triangle beak, and color markers to decorate with.