- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Big Fat Hen illustrated by Keith Baker
- Activity – Here's A Little Egg (action rhyme adapted from http://www.geocities.com/mystorytime/chickens.htm#Fingerplays)
(sit criss-cross, head down, arms in lap)
Peck, peck,peck, there's something inside!
Peck, peck, peck here comes a little beak,
(move head up and make beak with fingers in front of mouth)
Peck, peck peck, here come two little feet.
Peck, peck, peck here come the wings.
(shake wing arms)
Peck, peck, peck and a pick, pick, pick, and crack, crack, CRACK!
(move to a squatting position)
Out pops the baby chick!
(stand up, arms above head)
- Flannelboard – Hens Of A Different Color (I lost my notes as to which website I found this fun color flannelboard)
- Book #2 – Charlie Chick by Nick Denchfield and Ant Parker (pop-up)
- Activity – Two Little Chickens Sitting On A Fence (fingerplay adapted from the classic "Two Little Blackbirds")
One named Jack, the other named Jill.
Fly away Jack.
Fly away Jill.
Come back Jack.
Come back Jill.
Two little chickens sitting on a fence.
- Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
- Craft – Coloring sheet