Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fathers Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Just Like Daddy by Frank Asch
  • Activity – Do It For Your Father (action rhyme to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," I'm not sure where I picked this one up)
Roll, roll, roll your hands
As fast as fast can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your father.
Clap, clap, clap your hands
As loud as loud can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your father.
Stomp, stomp, stomp your feet
As hard as hard can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your father.
Jump, jump, jump your feet
As high as high can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your father.
Roll, roll, roll your hands
As fast as fast can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your father.
  • Flannelboard/Activity – Fish and shapes matching: Introduced the circle, triangle, and square shapes on the board, talking about how many lines/sides each shape has. Then I handed out fish cut-outs with these shapes on them. I called out a shape and the children with this shape brought it back to the bucket.
  • Book #2 – My Dad Is Brilliant by Nick Butterworth
  • Activity – If You're Happy And You Know It (action song from Songs For Wiggleworms)
  • Closing - Rhythm sticks using "Goin' On a Bear Hunt" from Kids In Action by Greg and Steve
  • Craft – Glue tissue paper fish scales onto fish cut-outs (the same cut-outs used earlier)

No comments:

Post a Comment