Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Garden Seeds Preschool Storytime

Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:



  • Color literacy activity flannelboard - Spring Flower Colors
I got a song at a workshop a few years back about the colors of spring flowers written by Lorraine Burdick. I passed out different colored flowers to the children. Then I sang the song changing the color of the flower each time I sang it.  The children with the colored flower that I just said comes up to place their flower on the board.  
  
  
  


  • Sit down activity - A Little Plant (adapted action rhyme)
In the heart of a seed
Buried oh so deep, a little plant lay fast asleep
"Awake," said the sun
"Come up through the earth."
"Awake," said the rain
"We are giving you birth."
The little seed heard and giving it a try
Pointed its leaves
Up to the sky



  


  • Art experience - Glue, cut, and color with a "Seed Munch" worksheet I found in a Mailbox magazine, using gluesticks, color pens, and scissors


No comments:

Post a Comment