Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Winter Weather Fun Preschool Storytime

Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds.



  • Literacy activity flannelboard - Snowing Letters
I found this wonderful snowing rhyme flannelboard on the Once Upon a (Story) Time blog that I adapted for my flannelboard. 

Snow on my forehead, (F)

Snow on my knee, (K)

Snow on my eyes, (E) 

Getting hard to see.

Snow on my boots, (B)

Snow on my hair, (H)

Snow on my mittens, (M)

Snow everywhere!

I gave each child a snowflake (clip art cut out on paper). Each snowflake had one letter written on the backside corresponding to the letters above in the rhyme. As I said the rhyme I would then say the first letter of each underlined word. I would also write the letter on the board. The children were to place their snowflake on the white board (with tape) when I said their letter. This turned out to be a great exercise in letter recognition. 



  • Book #1 - In the Snow by Sharon Phillips Denslow, illustrated by Nancy Tafuri

  • Movement activity - Snowflakes (action rhyme I picked up many years ago)
Snowflakes falling down, down, down
Gently covering all the town
Swirling, twirling, down they come
One landed on my tongue!

  


  • Activity - Itsy Bitsy Snowflake (fingerplay I found in a Mailbox Preschool magazine, December/January 2007-8, page 26)


 
 


  • Art experience - Create melted snowmen by pouring a puddle of glue on a colored paper plate. Create a melted face using pom-poms and beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment