- Opening - If You're Happy and You Know It
- Book #1 - The King's Taster by Kenneth Oppel, paintings by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher
- Book #2 -One Monday Morning by Uri Shulevitz
- Stand up activity - The Noble Duck of York (traditional action song)
The noble duke of York, he had 10,000 men
He marched them up the hill and then he marched them down again
When you're up, you're up
When you're down, you're down
And when you're only halfway up
Your neither up or down
Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye;
Four and twenty blackbirds
All baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish
To set before the king?
The king was in his counting-house,
Counting out his money;
The queen was in the parlor
Eating bread and honey.
The maid was in the garden
Hanging out the clothes;
When down came a blackbird,
And snapped at her nose!
- Book #3 -Falling for Rapunzel by Leah Wilcox, illustrated by Lydia Monks
- Activity - Fairies In the Town (action song to the tune of "Wheels On the Bus," I adapted this song from one I found at http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes/fairytales/songs.htm)
- Closing - "The Ponies Are Walking" with scarves as horse reins (action song from Say Hello to the Morning by Kathy Reid-Naiman)
- Family Small Motor Activity - Build castles with the wood building blocks