Monday, April 4, 2011

Going Places Lapsit Storytime

Storytime for 0 to 24 months old:
  • Opening: "Baby Hop" from Diaper Gym by Priscilla Hegner and Rose Grasselli
  • Body part rhyme: Everybody Knows I Love My Toes (adapted from a rhyme I saw performed by Margaret Read Macdonald)
Everybody knows I love my toes!
Everybody knows I love my toes!
I love my ear,
My eyes,
My elbows and my nose.
Everybody knows I love my toes!
(repeat and name other body parts)
  • Lap bounce: Hanky Panky

(have your child sitting on your lap and bounce along to the song)
Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky,
Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to bank,
With a hip, hop, hippity hop,
Jump off the lilypad,
(lift baby up)
And kerplop!
(lower baby between your legs)

  • Tickle: Round and Round the Garden
Round and round the garden
(with index finger, make a circle on baby's tummy)
Like a teddy bear
One step, two step
(walk fingers up chest)
Tickle under there!
(tickle under chin)
Round and round the garden
(with index finger, make a circle on baby's tummy)
Goes the little mouse
Up, up, up he creeps
(walk fingers up arm)
Up into his house
(tickle baby under arm)The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round, all around the town

The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish...
The driver on the bus says move on back...
The people on the bus go up and down...
The horn on the bus goes beep, beep beep...
The babies on the bus go wah, wah, wah...
The parents on the bus go shhh, shhh, shhh...

  • Nursery rhyme: Jack Be Nimble

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick. (lift baby up on the word "jump")

  • Clap rhyme: Miss, Miss

(clap)
Miss Miss, little Miss Miss,
When she misses,
She misses like this!
(hug baby)

  • Book #2: Maisy At the Fair by Lucy Cousins
  • Animal sound song: When (animal) Gets Up In the Morning...

When cows get up in the morning, they always say "Good day."
When cows get up in the morning, they always say "Good day."
"Moo! Moo!" this is what they say.
"Moo! Moo! Moo! Moo!" this is what they say.
(substitute other animals and animal sounds)

  • Lap bounce: Tick Tock

(bounce baby from leg to leg)
Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
Now it is one o'clock... Cuckoo!
(raise baby up for each cuckoo)

Now it is two o'clock... Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Now it is three o'clock... Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Extra circle dances: Ponies Walking, Shoo Fly

Extra calming songs: Baby Goes Boom Boom Now, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

No comments:

Post a Comment