Monday, April 26, 2010

Roaring Lions & Tigers Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Loudest Roar by Thomas Taylor
  • Activity – I'm a Tiger (action rhyme I adapted from another similar rhyme about lions; sung to the tune of "3 Blind Mice")
I'm a tiger, I'm a tiger
Hear me roar, hear me roar
I love to sleep up high in a tree
And jump at all the other animals
In all the jungle I'm number one
I'm a tiger, hear me roar!
  • Flannelboard/Math Activity - 5 Ferocious Lions (I think I found this one posted on PUBYAC)
  • Book #2 - Over In the Grasslands by Anna Wilson and Alison Bartlett
  • Activity - Zoo Animals (action song to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It"; my notes do not say where I found this one)
If you want to be a monkey, jump up high!
If you want to be a monkey, jump up high!
If you want to be a monkey, if you want to be a monkey,
If you want to be a monkey, jump up high!

Parrot - flap your wings
Elephant - swing your trunk
Giraffe - stand up tall
Lion - roar out loud
  • Closing - Scarves using "Water, Wind and World" from The Second Line by Johnette Downing
  • Craft – Glue shredded gift wrap paper onto the mane of a lion drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment