Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rabbit Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Bunny and Me by Adele Aron Greenspun and Joanie Schwarz
  • Activity – Not a Single Word (action rhyme I found in I'm a Little Teapot by Jane Cobb)
  • Flannelboard/Math Activity - This Little Bunny (I'm not sure which website I found this counting rhyme)
This little bunny has two pink eyes.
This little bunny is very wise.
This little bunny is soft as silk.
This little bunny is white as milk.
This little bunny nibbles away at cabbages and carrots the livelong day!
  • Book #2 - ***What Can Rabbit Hear? by Lucy Cousins (lift-flap)
  • Activity - I Saw a Little Bunny (my notes do not say where I found this whole body action rhyme)
  • Closing - Scarves using "Water, Wind and World" from The Second Line by Johnette Downing
  • Craft – Color rabbit ear headbands
***Parent Literacy Enhancement - You might have noticed that I ran my fingers under the words of the book's title and author. This simple action helps children know that it is the words we are reading, that we read from left to right, and from top to bottom. These concepts are all part of print motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment