Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mothers Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino, illustrated by Steven Kellogg
  • Activity – Do It For Your Mother (action rhyme to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," I'm not sure where I picked this one up)
Roll, roll, roll your hands
As fast as fast can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your mother.
Clap, clap, clap your hands
As loud as loud can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your mother.
Stomp, stomp, stomp your feet
As hard as hard can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your mother.
Jump, jump, jump your feet
As high as high can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your mother.
Roll, roll, roll your hands
As fast as fast can be.
Do it now, let me see,
Do it for your mother.
  • Flannelboard – Old Woman by Beatrix Potter
  • Book #2 – My Mom Is Fantastic by Nick Butterworth
  • Activity – Round of Applaluse (action rhyme adapted from one told by Rob Reid)
  • Closing - Eggshakers using "I Know A Chicken" from Whaddaya Think of That by Laurie Berkner
  • Craft – Glue together a paper daisy (yarn stem, yellow circle for center, short strips of white paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment