Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rabbits Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Bunny and Me by Adele Aron Greenspun and Joanie Schwarz
  • Activity – I Saw A Little Bunny (I am not sure where I picked up this action rhyme)
I saw a little rabbit go hop, hop, hop.
(hop three times)
I saw his ears go flop, flop, flop.
(put hands on head and flop "ears")
I saw his eyes go wink, wink, wink.
(wink eyes)
I saw his nose go twink, twink, twink.
(wiggle nose)
I said, "Little rabbit, won't you stay?"
(beckon with hand)
But he looked at me and hopped away.
(hop some more)
  • Flannelboard – This Little Bunny (sorry, but my notes do not say which website I found this on)
This little bunny has two pink eyes.
This little bunny is very wise.
This little bunny is soft as silk.
This little bunny is white as milk.
This little buny nibbles away
At cabbages and carrots the livelong day!
  • Book #2 – What Can Rabbit Hear? by Lucy Cousins (lift-flap)
  • Activity – Here's a Bunny (here is another fingerplay that I have no idea where I got it from)
Here's a bunny with ears so funny.
(bend two fingers over thumb)
Here is his hole in the ground.
(make hole with other arm at waist)
When a noise he hears
(clap hands)
He pricks up his ears
(straighten fingers)
And jumps in his hole in the ground.
(ears first "into" the hole)
  • Closing - Eggshakers using "I Know A Chicken" from Whaddaya Think of That by Laurie Berkner
  • Craft – Color bunny ear hats

No comments:

Post a Comment