- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Owl Babies by Martin Waddell, illustrated by Patrick Benson
- Activity – The Owl (I do not remember where I picked up this action rhyme)
(thumbs and forefingers around eyes)With a pointed nose,
(forefinger make a v at end of nose)Two pointed ears,
(forefingers extended up from head for ears)And claws for toes.
(fingers and arms bent in front of chest as claws)
When he sits up in the tree,
(point up into a tree)And he looks at me,
(point at self)
He flaps his wings and he says, "Whoo! Whoo!"
(fold arms into arm pits and flap wings)
- Book #2 – Good-night Owl! by Pat Hutchins
- Activity – Two Little Blackbirds (fingerplay)
- Closing - Eggshakers using "I Know A Chicken" from Whaddaya Think of That by Laurie Berkner
- Craft - Glue feathers and buttons (for eyes) onto owl cutouts