Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Food Fun - Baby Toddler Storytime

 A Tuesday morning storytime for ages 0-2 years old.  

Opening #1: Skinnamarink (action song from Car Songs: Songs to Sing Anywhere by Dennis Buck from Kimbo)

Opening #2: Sticky, Sticky Bubblegum (fingerplay)

Sticky, sticky bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum;

Sticky, sticky bubblegum;
Stuck to your __________.
1, 2, 3, PULL!

(Repeat with more body parts)




Book: The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood

Stand-up activity: “I’m a Little Teapot” action song from This Little Piggy by Adam Stemple, et al

I'm a little teapot
Short and stout
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout
"Tip me over and pour me out!"

I'm a clever teapot,
Yes it's true
Here let me show you
What I can do
I can change my handle
And my spout
Just tip me over and pour me out!


Sit-down activity / Bridge: Pat-a-Cake (traditional clapping nursery rhyme) 

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Pat it 
And roll it 
And mark it with a "B"
Put it in the oven for baby and me 


Literacy tip: Clapping rhymes help children learn hand-eye coordination and get both halves of our brains communicating with each other.  

Lap rhyme #1: Tick Tock (lap bounce)

(bounce baby from leg to leg)
Tick tock, tick tock, I’m a little cuckoo clock.
Tick, tock, tick tock, now it is one o’clock… Cuckoo!
(raise baby up for each cuckoo)

(repeat for other times of day)
Now it is two o’clock… Cuckoo! Cuckoo!
Now it is three o’clock… Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Lap rhyme #2: Mother and Father and Uncle John (lap bounce)

(bounce baby on legs)
Mother and Father and Uncle John
Went to the market, one by one.
Mother fell off!
Father fell off!
But Uncle John went on, and on,
And on, and on, and on!

Lap rhyme #3: Down By the Banks of the Hanky Panky (lap bounce)

(bounce baby on legs)
Down by the banks of the hanky panky,
Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to bank.
With a hip, hop, hippity, hop,
Jump off the lillypad,
(gently bounce onto the floor)
Kerplopl!

Letter of the day: "S" is for sharing

Transition: Come 'A' Look And See (fingerplay song I first picked up at a workshop conducted by Jane Cobb but can also be found on the music CD The Baby Record by Bob McGrath)

Come a' look a' see, here's my mama, 
(point to thumb)

Come a' look a' see, here's my papa, 
(point to index finger)

Come a' look a' see, my brother tall, 
(point to tall finger)

Sister, baby, 
(point to ring, then baby finger) 
I love them all. 
(kiss the fingertips of your finger family)
 


Flannelboard: Five Little Pizzas (counting down rhyme)

Down around the corner at the pizza shop,
There were {five} little pizzas with cheese on top.
Along came a hungry child all alone,
Who bought one pizza and took it home.  

(Continue rhyme by decreasing the number of pizzas)

Down around the corner at the pizza shop,
They were all out of pizzas with cheese on top.
They were sold out!

Closing song with Scarves: “Popcorn Calling Me” action song from Buzz Buzz by Laurie Berkner



No comments:

Post a Comment