Monday, November 28, 2022

Body Parts: a Little Learners Storytime

 Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:

Opening - "A Tooty Ta" from Dance Like This by Mr. Al

 

 

Body parts literacy activity – Got a Booboo

I used this song (that I found on the internet many years ago) along with some Body Part Picture Cards that I found from SLPreschool.  First, I passed out one body part picture card to each storytime participant.  Then, I sang the song and inserted a different body part into the blank spot. When their body part was called, the children were invited to tape their body part picture to my flannelboard.  At the end, we counted how many body parts were on the board. 

Body parts: Eye, nose, mouth, ear, arm, hand, leg, foot, stomach.

Got a booboo, 
Got a booboo, 
Got a booboo on my _______________.
(insert body part)
Got a booboo,
Need a band aide.
Kiss it better for me!

          

  

Book #1 – Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy! by TimHarrington

Stand-up activity – “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” (traditional action song)

Sit down activity - "Finger Poppin’” (fingerplay song from Action Songsfor Preschoolers by Georgiana Stewart)

Book #2 – Hello Toes! Hello Feet! By Ann Whitford Paul, illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott

 Book #3 – Whose Knees Are These? by Jabari Asim, illustrated by LeUyen Pham (board book)

 Closing – “Jump Up, Turn Around” from Jim Gill Sings Moving Rhymes for Modern Times by Jim Gill 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment