Thursday, December 16, 2021

December Daycare Stories

This month, I had the privilege to visit my favorite daycare center to read stories.  I was surprised by how many of the older preschool students remembered the books I read to them 2 months ago!

In the toddler room (ages 2.5 to 3.5 years old):

I started off by singing the "Animals Get Up In the Morning" song using my little red cloth barn full of small animals.  Then I read these books:

Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-Up by Robert Sabuda (pop-up)

Dog by Matthew Van Fleet, photography by Brian Stanton (lift-flaps, moving pieces)

Do Sharks Bark? by Salina Yoon (lift-flaps)

What Can Rabbit Hear? by Lucy Cousins (lift-flaps)

Where is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen Katz (board book)

Wrapping Paper Romp by Patricia Hubbell, illustrated by Jennifer Plecas (board book)

In the Tracker room (ages 3.5 to 4.5 years old):

A Big Bed for Little Snow by Grace Lin

Dog by Matthew Van Fleet, photography by Brian Stanton (lift-flaps, moving pieces)

Grandma's Tiny House by JaNay Brown-Wood, illustrated by Priscilla Burris

Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean

There's an Alien in Your Book by Tom Fletcher, illustrated by Greg Abbott

In the Pre-K room:

A Big Bed for Little Snow by Grace Lin

Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-Up by Robert Sabuda (pop-up)

Dog by Matthew Van Fleet, photography by Brian Stanton (lift-flaps, moving pieces)

Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean

What Riley Wore by Elana K. Arnold, illustrated by Linda Davick





No comments:

Post a Comment