Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Daycare storytimes are back!

 This fall I was able to visit a daycare center for the first time since the pandemic began.  It was so much fun to be sharing books with young children again.      

In the toddler room (2.5 to 3.5 years old) I read a bunch of short books and sprinkled in a lot of fingerplays and action rhymes.  These guys were still getting used to the ideas of sitting as a group for stories.  

I started off by singing the "Animals Get Up In the Morning" song using my little red cloth barn full of small animals.  Then I read these books:


Cat by Matthew Van Fleet (pop-up and moving pieces)

Don't Push the Button by Bill Cotter

Maisy Drives the Bus by Lucy Cousins

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin and James Dean

Peekaboo, Blueberry! by Barney Saltzberg (lift-flaps)

Truck Jam by Paul Stickland (pop-up)


I also read stories in the preschool and pre-K rooms.  I was able try out a new book with these two classes.  I read these books:

Don't Push the Button by Bill Cotter

Hooray for Hat! by Brian Won

Hot Pot Night! by Vincent Chin

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin and James Dean

Supertruck by Stephen Savage

What's Next Door? by Nicola O'Byrne



No comments:

Post a Comment