Thursday, October 8, 2020

Fire Safety Month Preschool Storytime

Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:



I used clip art images I found with firefighters in red, yellow, and black coats.  I then handed each child a firefighter image.  The children placed their firefighter on the board after I said their color in the rhyme.

Lots of little fire fighters sleeping in their beds. 
"Ding! Ding! Ding!" went the bell.
And out come the {red} coats.
They race to the fire and put out the flames.

Then the _____ (count the firefighters on the board) little firefighters went back to bed again.

(repeat for as many colored firefighter coats you have on hand, then move on to this last bit of rhyme.)

The morning has come,
The firefighters finally got some sleep.  
They are all ready now to start a brand new day!
          
  
  

  • Stand-up activity - I'm a Little Firefighter (action song to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" written by Carol Garnett Hopkins found in the book Artsy Toddler Storytimes)
I'm a little firefighter off I go
Here is my helmet
Here is my truck
When my clothes catch on fire I know what to do
I stop, drop, and roll to put the fire out

  • Sit down activity - "Drive the Fire Truck" action song from Songs for Wiggleworms by Old Town School of Folk Music



  • Closing - Tambourines to the song "Bumblebee (Buzz Buzz)" from Buzz Buzz by Laurie Berkner 



  • Art experience - Cut out fire engine shape, then glue it to a white paper, color the fire engine with metallic pens for details like wheels, also glue on a yellow rectangle for the ladder on the side. I found a wonderful fire engine shape at busybeekidscrafts.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment