Monday, March 25, 2019

Cool Creations Lego Building Blocks Challenge

Thanks to a state library grant, my library offered a special program inspired by the book Cool Creations in 35 Pieces: Lego Models You Can Build with Just 35 Bricks by Sean Kenney.  


I wanted to keep this program simple and to concentrate on creative building with Lego bricks.  But due to the grant, I also needed to get photos and have the children complete an evaluation form.  To accomplish all of this I created a procedure list and posted it on the table where the 35 brick sets were located.  


The children could choose to build with a set of 35 bricks based on the pieces in the book or a set of 35 bricks in little Ziploc bags.  The bags contained 35 brick sets created by one of my teen volunteers using random pieces from the library's Lego supply.  The children had just as much fun using the library's sets as the book sets.  




No comments:

Post a Comment