Friday, September 23, 2016

Musical Rhyming Preschool Storytime

Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:



  • Color literacy activity magnet board - Little Mouse House
Children guess which colored house the mouse is hiding under.




  

  • Book #2 - Miss Mary Mack by Mary Ann Hoberman, illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott


  • Closing - Use rhythm sticks to the song "The Mice Go Marching" from Rhythms On Parade by Hap Palmer
 
 

  • Art experience - Create personal, quiet sounding rhythm sticks using craft sticks. The sticks can be decorated with embroidery thread and color marker pens. 

  • Reflection - I put together this storytime 10 minutes before storytime was to start. My coworker made the decision she was too sick to do her storytime 15 minutes before opening the doors.  She was already set up, so I looked over her books and then pulled some songs off my iPod that fit her theme. This is what I came up with.  With more time to plan, I probably would not have used these three books together.  The flow seemed a little stilted.  I definitely would have chosen a different flannelboard. But I made it work. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment