Saturday, July 30, 2016

Summer Reading School Visits: Books

Going out to the schools to talk about summer reading can be a lot of fun, but boy is it busy!  For the students in grades K-3, I like to read books to them.  It is always a challenge to find books that will entertain, make them laugh, and have it be one they haven't seen before.

 

For the second and third graders I went with one my stand by favorites and a new book:
I Will Chomp You by Jory John, illustrated by Bob Shea
Dirty Joe the Pirate: A True Story by Bill Harley, illustrated by Jack E. Davis

 

For the Kindergartners and first graders I went with two fun books:
Don't Push the Button! by Bill Cotter
The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli

All four books were a lot of fun to share with the children.  Who knew that a little red circle on a page could make a whole room of first graders go crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment