- Opening - Look Up, Look Down (sign language song from Pick Me Up!: Fun Songs for Learning Signs)
- Book #1 - Astronaut Handbook by Meghan McCarthy
- Book #2 - Mars Needs Moms! by Berkeley Breathed (alternative book: Man on the Moon: A Day In the Life of Bob by Simon Bartram)
- Activity - I'm a Little Rocket (action song I adapted somewhat to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
(hands together pointed over the head for a rocket cone)
Soon I'll blast off from my launch pad.
When I get all revved up, hear me count.
...5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Blast off!...
Up I go, now watch me soar!
(pretend to fly with airplane arms)
- Flannelboard - Starship Wayward (I found this story on an anonymous PUBYAC posting)
- Book #3 - Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! I'm Off to the Moon by Dan Yaccarino (alternative book: Astronaut Piggywiggy by Chrystan and Diane Fox)
- Activity - The Falling Star (fingerplay, I'm not sure where I found it)
(shade eyes and look up)
And saw a falling star pass by.
(arm draws an arch over head)
It died before it hit the ground,
And to the this day it can't be found.
(shake head no)
- Closing - Tambourines to the song "Catch a Falling Star" from On My Way to Dreamland by Kathy Reid-Newman
- Family Math Activity - Build a rocket with straw connectors