Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Space - Family Storytime

This is for an all ages, whole family storytime:I'm a little rocket and I am glad.
(hands together pointed over the head for a rocket cone)
Soon I'll blast off from my launch pad.
(crouch down)
When I get all revved up, hear me count.
...5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Blast off!...
(jump up)
Up I go, now watch me soar!
(pretend to fly with airplane arms)
  • Flannelboard - Starship Wayward (I found this story on an anonymous PUBYAC posting)
  • Book #3 - Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! I'm Off to the Moon by Dan Yaccarino (alternative book: Astronaut Piggywiggy by Chrystan and Diane Fox)
  • Activity - The Falling Star (fingerplay, I'm not sure where I found it)
I looked up at the dark night sky.
(shade eyes and look up)
And saw a falling star pass by.
(arm draws an arch over head)
It died before it hit the ground,
And to the this day it can't be found.
(shake head no)
  • Closing - Tambourines to the song "Catch a Falling Star" from On My Way to Dreamland by Kathy Reid-Newman
  • Family Math Activity - Build a rocket with straw connectors

No comments:

Post a Comment