Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day Storytime

Storytime for 1-1/2 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Snappy Little Hugs (pop-up)
  • Activity – I Have a Little Heart (an action rhyme I found many years ago, I have no memory of where I found it)
I have a little heart
(hand over heart)
And it goes thump, thump, thump
(pat chest with fingers)
It keeps right on beating when I jump, jump, jump
(jump in place)
I get a special feeling
(hug shoulders)
When I look at you
(point to children)
It makes me want to give you a kiss or two!
(blow kisses)
  • Flannelboard/Activity - The Wind and the Red Paper Square (a cut and tell story that I got out of a storytelling book that I have since forgotten)
  • Book #2 - Where Is Baby's Valentine? by Karen Katz (lift-flap board book)
  • Activity - Valentine, Valentine (action rhyme)
Valentine, Valentine turn around.
Valentine, Valentine touch the ground.
Valentine, Valentine blow a kiss.
Valentine, Valentine swim like a fish.
Valentine, Valentine give a hug.
Valentine, Valentine jump like a bug.
Valentine, Valentine find your feet.
Valentine, Valentine find your seat.
  • Closing - Scarves using "Water, Wind and World" from The Second Line by Johnette Downing
  • Craft – Glue small foam hearts to a large paper heart to create special valentines

No comments:

Post a Comment