Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hedgehog Party


 

After an unexpected community connection, I created this program to celebrate this cute exotic pet.  The 1.5 hour party consisted of several stations inside the library that participants could drop-in and do in any order.



Station #1 - Pet expert

A coworker found this hedgehog pet expert while working at a community event sometime last year.  The pet expert brought in couple of her pets to show off.  There was no touching of these hedgehogs as they are very shy.  The pet expert patiently answered all questions that came her way.  She was fabulous!



Station #2 - Craft table

I found a hedgehog craft kit online.  I added a gem stickers and glitter glue to what came in the kit.  Participants made some very creative hedgehogs.  


 


Station #3 - Games

I created a spikey ball toss game: I got a portable bean bag toss game, and switched out the bean bags for plastic spikey balls.

I also bought a children's board game where you place the spikes on the hedgehog after rolling a pair of dice.  



Station #4 - Scavenger hunt

One of my coworkers creates a scavenger hunt for the children every month.  This month, she created a hedgehog themed scavenger hunt to go along with my party theme.  The reward for finishing the hunt was a hedgehog sticker.



Station #5 - Building

I set out straw connector toys and a sign suggesting that participants create prototype hedgehog cages.  And they did!!!


Station #6 - Education boards

I set out two poster boards with information about hedgehogs.  One board listed what hedgehogs eat in the wild and as pets.  The other board was a map showing where hedgehogs can be found in the wild.  




No comments:

Post a Comment