Saturday, January 12, 2019

Fancy Pets Preschool Storytime

Storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:



  • Number literacy activity - Fancy Numbered Goldfish  (A number ranking rhyme written by Carol Hopkins. I was inspired by a goldfish rhyme I found at Sunflower Storytime.)
Directions: Hand out numbered goldfish to each child.  The child brings up their fish when the number on their fish is said.

Fancy numbered goldfish at the pet store.
Fancy numbered goldfish I bought for my fishbowl.
First I took the 1 fish, for the one I love.
Second I took the 2 fish, for the two cents I keep in my pocket.
Third I took the 3 fish, for some three-on-three swimming.
Fourth I took the 4 fish, because four is a four-letter word.  

  
  
  
  

Can you stretch your neck like a giraffe?
Can you hop like a frog?
Can you bark like a dog?
Can you slither like a snake?
Can you fly like a parrot?
Can you wiggle your nose like a rabbit?
Can you swim like a fish?
Can you stretch like a cat?
Can you sit like a kid at storytime?



  • Book #3 - Dog by Matthew Van Fleet, photography by Brian Stanton (pop-up)

  
 

  • Art experience - Glue a fish shape, stick on some small dot stickers, and color with crayons to create a paper plate fishbowl

No comments:

Post a Comment