Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer Reading School Visits: Books

I just completed my last summer reading school visit today.  Unlike the other children's librarian at my library, I am not a Master Storyteller.  Therefore, I rely on using books to entertain the lower grades.






This year I could not get excited about any of the picture books that related to the "Every Hero has a Story" theme.  I usually look for books that has humor enough to make a kindergartner laugh as well as make a third grader laugh.  During the last couple of weeks, I used these books as my three main reads when visiting with classes:


I had a great time sharing these books with the students.  You know you have winning books when there is a hippo named Boo Boo Butt, watermelon seeds in underwear, and a kid covered in paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment