Thursday, January 8, 2015

Resolve to Rock in 2015

Inspired by the challenge created by the folks at Storytime Underground, I put some thought into some professional and personal goals for myself in the coming year.
So here goes...




  1. Balance - I need to work on better balance with everything I do at work.  Working at a stand alone library, there is so much only I can do that needs to be done.  I need to work on better balance between home and work.  I need to work on better balance between my free time and the time I spend with my two boys.  Lately, I feel that there is so much I want to do but no time to get it done.
  2. Get out of my comfort zone - As a naturally shy and introverted person, I constantly need to push myself to get out there and try new things.  I have already lined up two speaking engagements.  Can I do more?  I can try new types of programs at work.  I can task myself to try to meet new people (always hard to do!).  I can share posts on Flannel Friday as well as Thrive Thursday.  I can get more involved with Storytime University.
  3. Clean my desk - This is probably part of the whole balance thing... but my desks at home and at work are perpetually messy.  I need to carve out time to clean and organize both of them.
  4. My blog - I want to clean it up a bit to make it more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment