Monday, October 7, 2013

Monster Storytime

Storytime for 1 to 3 year olds: 
  • Opening - Skinnamarink (from Car Songs: Songs to Sing Anywhere by Dennis Buck at Kimbo), Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Into the Castle by June Crebbin, illustrated by John Bendall-Brunello
  • Stand-up Activity - Monster, Monster (action rhyme, based on the rhyme "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around")
Monster, monster turn around.
Monster, monster touch the ground.
Monster, monster reach up high.
Monster, monster bug out your eyes.
Monster, monster bend your knees.
Monster, monster give a sneeze.
Monster, monster sit on your bed.
Monster, monster rest your head.
  • Bridge - Open Shut Them (fingerplay)
Open, shut them
(open and close hands)
Open, shut them
Give a little clap (clap)
Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Put them in your lap
(put hands in lap)

Creep them, creep them
Under your chin
(creep fingers up chest)
Open your mouth, but don't put them in
(do as words say)

Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Give a little clap
Open shut them
Open shut them
Put them in your lap 
  • Book #2 - Go Away Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley
  • Activity – I'm a Little Monster (action song to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
I'm a little monster hear me growl
Here are my big ears
Here are my claws
When I get all sneaky, I tip toe up
I jump in the air and give a big ROAR!
  • Closing - Use scarves to the song "Milkshake" from Songs for Wiggleworms by Old Town School of Folk Music
  • Craft – Paint a monster mask


No comments:

Post a Comment