Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trucks Storytime

Storytime for 1 to 3 year olds:
  • Opening - Skinnamarink (from Car Songs: Songs to Sing Anywhere by Dennis Buck at Kimbo) and Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
  • Book #1 – Tip Tip Dig Dig by Emma Garcia
  • Stand-up Activity - I'm a Little Garbage Truck (action song to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" written by Carol Hopkins)
I'm a little garbage truck, watch me go
Here is my hopper
Here is my cab
When I get all filled up, to the dump I go
Just tip me over and dump the garbage out
  • Bridge - Open Shut Them (fingerplay)
Open, shut them
(open and close hands)
Open, shut them
Give a little clap (clap)
Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Put them in your lap
(put hands in lap)

Creep them, creep them
Under your chin
(creep fingers up chest)
Open your mouth, but don't put them in
(do as words say)

Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Give a little clap
Open shut them
Open shut them
Put them in your lap
  • Flannelboard/Math Activity - Hippopotamus on Wheels (flannelboard rhyme I learned from a librarian in the King County Library System)
  • Book #2 - Maisy Drives the Bus by Lucy Cousins
  • Activity – Wheels On the Bus (action song from Rise and Shine by Raffi)
  • Closing - Use tamborines to the song "Fruit Salad Salsa" from Victor Vito by Laurie Berkner
  • Craft – Glue craft foam circle onto paper plate steering wheel then color with color pens (It is soooo cute watching the children drive their steering wheels out the door!)

No comments:

Post a Comment