Preschool storytime for 3 to 5 year olds:
- Opening – Row, Row, Row Your Boat from Songs for Wiggleworms from Old Town School
- Alphabet activity - Lower case letters in the hat
- Book #1 - A Visitor for Bear by Bonny Becker, illustrated by Kady MacDonald Denton
- Stand-up activity - The Great Big Bear (action chant written by Carol Hopkins)
(sing language for bear)
Gives a warning with a soft little growl.
Waves its paws in the air.
(move hands like claws)
Shakes its great big head
Rubs its furry little ears
Gives a great big roar
Then goes to sleep in its lair.
(hands to side of face for sleep)
- Book #2 - Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Book #3 - If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff, illustrated by Felicia Bond
- Activity – Can You Scamper Like a Mouse? (adapted from a rhyme told by Rob Reid)
Can you scamper like a mouse?
Can you stalk like a cat looking for a mouse?
Can you growl like a tiger?
Can you hop like a frog?
Can you climb like a monkey?
Can you bark like a dog?
Can you slither like a snake?
Can you fly like a bat?
Can you howl like a wolf?
Can you sit like a kid at storytime?
- Closing – Round of Applause (action rhyme adapted from one told by Rob Reid)
- Craft - Make a little mouse face with a teardrop shaped face, a heart cut in half for ears, some dot stickers, glue sticks, and color pens.