- Opening - Look Up, Look Down (sign language song from Pick Me Up!: Fun Songs for Learning Signs)
- Book #1 - Bats At the Library by Brian Lies
- Book #2 - Bat Jamboree by Kathi Appelt, illustrated by Melissa Sweet (alternative book: Stellaluna by Janell Cannon)
- Activity - Can You Growl Like a Tiger? (action rhyme)
Can you growl like a tiger?
Can you hop like a frog?
Can you climb like a monkey?
Can you bark like a dog?
Can you slither like a snake?
Can you fly like a bat?
Can you howl like a wolf?
Can you stre-tt-ccchhh like a cat?
Can you sit like a kid at storytime?
- Flannelboard - Five Little Bats on a Dark Night (counting backward rhyme that I first found on Estherstorytimes website)
- Book #3 - Hello, Bumblebee Bat by Darrin Lunde, illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne (alternative book: Batty Riddles by Katy Hall and Lisa Eisenberg, pictures by Nicole Rubel)
- Activity - Sun, Moon, and Stars (fingerplay I found in Mailbox Magazine Preschool Oct/Nov 2007, page 5)
- Closing - Dance around with paper plate moons to the song "Mister Moon" from Where Is Thumbkin? by Kimbo
- Family Math Activity - Make fun designs using foam pattern blocks