- Opening - Skinnamarink, Sticky Sticky Bubblegum
- Book #1 – Skateboard Monsters by Daniel Kirk
- Activity –Monster, Monster (action rhyme, based on the rhyme "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around")
Monster, monster touch the ground.
Monster, monster reach up high.
Monster, monster bug out your eyes.
Monster, monster bend your knees.
Monster, monster give a sneeze.
Monster, monster sit on your bed.
Monster, monster rest your head.
This little monster stayed home,
This little monster had roast beef,
This little monster had none,
This little monster cried,
"Boo, hoo, hoo,"
All the way home.
- Book #2 - Glad Monster, Sad Monster: A Book About Feelings by Ed Emberley and Anne Miranda
- Activity - Sleeping Monsters (action rhyme adaptation of a similar rhyme)
Come let us wake them with a merry tune
Oh so still, are they ill?
(pause, then shout)
WAKE UP LITTLE MONSTERS!
(kids wake up and stand and stomp)
Stomp little monsters, stomping, stomping
Stomp little monsters stomp, stomp, stomp!
Roar little monsters, roaring, roaring
Roar little monsters roar, roar, roar!
Sit little monsters, sitting, sitting
Sit little monsters sit, sit, sit!
- Closing - Rhythm sticks to the song " Goin' On a Bear Hunt" (found in Kids In Action by Greg and Steve)
- Craft - Decorate monster masks with glue and sewing trim